Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Shoonk, Aug 9, 2002.

1. ahhh!!!!!

my baby!!!

i was just downstairs in my basement playing bass...cracking away at some DHC and i heard this almost cutting noise, and my bass went out...then came back....then went out again and came back...after that i kept hearing these almost cracking noises comming from my amp...but i could have been my patch cord...i'm not sure really. so i unplugged everything, re-attachjed eveything, set it all up again, and so far it's been working fine.

any suggestions as to what could be wrong? is it my amp? or is it something else? because it was on once during a power outage...and i'm thinking that could have done somethign to it...

2. I would vote cords as the first suspect. After that what type of amp is it? Some brands have certian known illnesses.
  3. FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    sounds like your bass wasn't plugged in all the way. My stuff makes that sound when the plug starts to fall out of the jack.l
  4. its a yorkville traynor

that was actually the first thing i checked, and it was in all the way.
  5. srbguitar

srbguitar Guest

Jul 19, 2002
    Fremont CA
    Check the inside of all the cords and make sure the soddering(sp?) is all good. this same sound has happened to me and it was a broken cord.:mad: