1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

HELP! ampege ba300 problems

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by redearth, Aug 5, 2012.

1. redearth

redearth

Aug 5, 2012
    sorry if there's another thread more appropriate for this question, my quick search revealed nothing.

well on to the meat of the subject, yesterday during practicing my ba300 started crackling on me then upon further fiddling eventually sound cut out all together. i started trouble shooting starting with the amp (checking my tube and circuitry) all clean or at least nothing obviously wrong. i proceeded to plug the amp back into the speakers while keeping the amp and speaker cabinet separate, turned the power back on then heard a loud pop (while the mute was on) let the tube warm up then turned my mute off. the amp produced sound but the horn was overdriving then sound cut out again but the amp stayed on and the compressor still lights up when i play. i hit the cabinet and sound cut back on. the speakers sounds good but the horn still overdrived, crackled then cut off again..... is my horn dead?