1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

help! an amp loud enough to gig.. cheap enough for budget..

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by behindme, Dec 20, 2006.

1. behindme

behindme

Dec 20, 2006
    I play multiple instruments and recently got a new bass.. I have a small combo amp right now.. but I need one to practice/gig with a guy that has a half stack Behringer and the other guy plays a fender half stack.. both pretty loud.. so I need an amp cheap enough for a budget ($400-$550) but loud enough for gigging and to be heard over too screaming guitar half stacks:confused: :confused:

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Check out the Yorkville XM200 combo at the Yorkville Sound website. I used one for about a year. Loud as heck with a good sound and excellent EQ. They come in 1-15 or 2-10 formats. I prefer the 2-10. Good XLR out to run to the board if needed. It'll drive an extension cab if you want to expand.

Excellent quality and a great 2 year, even if you break it, warranty. I paid $595 Canadian for mine so in the USA it should fit your budget. I think Yorkville is the best deal out there for new gear.

3. bassman10096

bassman10096 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    I've heard the Yorkville is nice. But if you want cheap, but not bad-sounding and pretty servicable, pick up a used Bassman100 combo. My son's bass player plays an MIM Jazz through one and it sounds just fine, cuts through anything at even pretty high volumes.

4. Basso54

Basso54

Jul 22, 2003
    Dalhart, TX
    I used a Hartke Kickback 12 in my blues band, guitarist used a Marshall JCM 900. Kept up just fine. Sound was good, i prefer my new head due to being able to use the 9-band eq, but the little kickback worked great for transportability. Also, Hartke makes a 150W Kickback 15 now.

5. Ale

Ale

Jul 5, 2006
    Europe
    Endorsing Artist: IGiG Cases
    +1 on the Yorkville , great quality for that price.