Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help and advice on a new amp!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by asnutter, Jun 17, 2005.

1. asnutter

asnutter

May 11, 2005
    Southwestern PA
    You guys are my only hope!!!
    Looking to get a new amp for small gigs...coffee shop stuff, blues, jazz, mostly acoustic stuff...
    I like the ashdown electric blue 12, 180 watt combo job...but, heard that servicing them may be a problem here in the u.s...

I am looking to spend about 400 bucks tops, and am leaning toward the combo action...

I also was considering the behringer 300 watt amp for $199 and getting a small speaker cabinet with room to grow...although the gigs i mainly play are with another guitar player, no drummer...

I currently play a fender geddy lee jazz and a takamine acoustic 4 string and have been using a 25 watt crate amp but have grown bored with the amp...

Any help would be appreciated...

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Go to a local shop and just try out all the combos you see and pick out the one you like. 100 watts should be enough, and you should look at 112s and 115s and 210s if they are not too expensive.