1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pgnbstrd, Sep 20, 2008.

1. pgnbstrd

pgnbstrd Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Metro Detroit Michigan
    Last night at practice my Svt-4 pro died. Well one of the power amps did. In mono it distorts as if a speaker is blown, but if I put it in stereo, one side works fine, the distorts just like it does in mono mode.

So here's my question, does anyone know of a good amp tech in the detroit area?

Now here's where the sugrestion part comes in. My band has it's first show next sunday( murphy's law eh?). Even if I can find a good amp tech and it's not too much to fix, I have the feeling it won't even be fixed in time for my gig. I just bought the amp used a little under two months ago for $650, so if it's much more than $300 to fix, I'd feel it better to write it off as a loss and purchase a new amp.

I'm thinking about either a carvin b1500 or bx1200. I need to power to keep up with a very loud drummer and guitarist. Any other suggestions ampwise in the 600-700 range?

Thanks,
    Jeremy

2. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

There are a bunch of Detroit TB'ers here. PM some of them a
    link to this thread, they may have an amp guru
    recommendation for for you. KJung, Matrok and Mikebass
    come to mind. All great people.

Also, I have a friend who has the schematics for the
    SVT4 pro (I think) and if you email me through the board, I
    should be able to hook you up with that on Monday.

You should have a schematic for any amp you own, IMO.

Good luck on the fix.

:)