1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

HELP ANNOYING NOISE THROUGH STUDIO MONITORS

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Perry bp, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Perry bp

Perry bp

Apr 5, 2011
    I recently got a new computer and i will be doing some music recording onto it but i have a problem when them into my computer. I run my guitar into a boss br 800 and then into the computer veer usb and use it as a audio interface, the monitors are plugged into the boss br 800. when i plug the usb cable into the computer i get a really annoying high pitched noise all the time whilst the boss is connected veer usb cable. this tells me that it is the computer or the cable that is making the noise. what i would like to know if if there is any way of eliminating this sound? would it be better if i got a sound card for my computer and plugged the monitors into that? if so what would be a good sound card to get ?

2. kaputsport

kaputsport

Nov 14, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    Atypical, not a typical...
    Connect them to the computer, or get a better interface.

3. Had a similar problem while using a laptop and presonus audio box. Would get a high pitched whining noise. Ended up replacing the power supply for the laptop. Maybe try a different power supply for the boss?

4. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    If you're just using the BR800 as an interface, the monitors should be plugged into the computer.