1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help! Any pickup wiring gurus out there?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by spikemacgee, Mar 1, 2008.

1. spikemacgee

spikemacgee

Oct 24, 2007
    Brew City, WI
    Never mind. I solved my own problem. Basically I just made sure all the black wires were soldered directly together at the varous points. In other words, not even in different places on the same pot but directly together on the pots. They should have been making a connection anyway according to the diagram but obviously that wasn't the case. Sorry for wasting a posting on that...

:help:

I'm attempting to add a little oomph to my 1996 MIM P-Bass by adding some Fralins. I have them all wired up according to the Standard Precision wiring diagram provided by Fender. All the connections appear to be ok even though I'll be the first to admit I'm not the world's finest with a soldering iron, but I get by.

At any rate when I plug in I can't get any sound unless I'm touching the volume knob and the bridge. The tone knob works fine. I should note I replaced the knobs and input jack as well and the wires are cloth covered (not my idea, that's just what came in the kit). It seems like it has to be a grounding problem but everything looks ok.

I know, I know... why didn't I just pay someone who knows what they're doing? I thought it'd be good experience. :bag: Luckily I have a backup.

Any help anyone can provide is appreciated.

Thank you.