1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HELP! Ashdown fuses anyone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rockthesnakepit, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Rockthesnakepit

Rockthesnakepit

Dec 11, 2006
    Ok, ive had the ashdown perfect ten mini stack for about a year now and its been a great little practice amp. However earlier today i blew out a fuse, no big deal right? just run to the store and pick up some others... wrong. Every place I went around town (best buy, radio shack, hardware stores, homedepot, lowes, etc) didnt have the right fuse. Basically the fuse is a 1 amp/250 volts, problem is the one thats in the ministack is slightly shorter (less than 1/4 centimeter) and wider than the standard fuse. Im sick of all the differnt stores telling me that this fuse "has got to work, its the exact same" only to get home and realize its time to go back to the store and return em.... I've taken the blown fuse to the stores and all, basically here are the markings i can read off of it:
    T1AL250V
    Any ideas?
    -sorry for the long post, its been a very long day...:help:

2. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Your probably going to have to either find an Ashdown dealer or hunt down a shop that specializes in selling electrical parts.
    (not radio-shat, a real electrical supply shop)

You might find something online here:
    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4DMUS_enUS221US222&q=T1AL250V+fuse

The real issue here is why the fuse blew in the first place, they dont just wear out. Unless you were somehow using your amp incorrectly, the new fuse is most likely going to blow again because there's still a problem in your amp that needs to be fixed. (Good luck)

3. Hi.

One possibility is computer services (the thechnical kind) as some laptop SMPS units use the short fuses. Also other SMPSs like camcorder and cellphone chargers sometimes use those little suckers.

I think Your best bet is still the place You bought the amp from (if it was new), as they at lest in theory have to keep the spares in stock.

+1 for the getting the amp checked. The fuses seldom blow without a reason.

Regards
    Sam

4. I recently Went through a similar problem are you sure the fuses are Slow Blow/Time Lag/ Time Delay" Fuses? in the name it explains it needs one

T and L in the T1AL250V Means in needs to be slow burning or slow blow. Ask at TV and Radio repair stores they have tons in stock, my 300watt amp was T3.15AL250V

It will have similar markings on your amp where the fuses is placed.

I used 3.15a 250v fuses in mine and sometimes they would work then id turn it on again and it stopped, i got a slow blow fuse from a TV Repair store and it has worked ever since and Ive pushed the amp at gigs to make sure it wasn't just luck and all went smooth.

- Acook

5. Rockthesnakepit

Rockthesnakepit

Dec 11, 2006
    Thanks for all the help guys, a quick note on how I blew out the fuse. i was pushing the amp a little too hard :meh: and probally shouldnt have been running out of a spliter with other high-voltage devices attached.