Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help~badass II bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by warnan, Aug 14, 2004.

1. warnan

warnan

Mar 1, 2004
    Shanghai,China
    i bought a new badass II bridge as a replacement for my fender mim jbass. but why there is no slots on the saddles?

2. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    There are no slots so you can set the string spacing to your desire. To some there is a big difference between 17-18-19mm. You can use the edges of a small triangular or square file (I found mine at radio shack) to slot the saddles yourself.

3. warnan

warnan

Mar 1, 2004
    Shanghai,China
    gosh. but some one told me there is no need to do so.

:crying:

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
  5. Don't feel too bad - People get fed this crap every day by folks that have no idea what they are talking about. Usually these people have never even held a BA bridge in their hands. If they had, they would have seen the inscription on the bottom that tells the owner to have the bridge installed by a professional. But don't take my word for it. Here's a quote directly from the Quan page concerning their saddles:

If you follow their advice, you will be rewarded with a fine playing and functioning piece of equipment.

6. warnan

warnan

Mar 1, 2004
    Shanghai,China
    thanks a lot you guys.

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    They were mistaken. :)

8. There is a lot of mis-information floating around on the web and by word of mouth.

I feel privileged that TB's setup forum is full of well educated and informed members who offer great advice and help when asked!

Thank you Talk Bass members for caring about each other!

[​IMG]
    Treena