Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help! BadAssBridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by SixString, Aug 31, 2002.

1. SixString

SixString

Jul 20, 2002
    Last night i bought a fender fretless 4string. Today i bought a bad ass bridge for it.
    The instructions say i need to dig a well in the body if i'm installnig to a fender jazz or P. I'm probably gonna have to take it to a pro. But if i was gonna do it myself how would i go about maknig the hoel to put it in?

2. Bodom

Bodom

Aug 31, 2002
    You shouldnt have to dig new screw holes for the bad ass it should fit like a glove on the Fender, well mine did at least what kind of bass is it?

3. BadAss I's required some modifications to the body. BadAss II's should screw right in. Take the old bridge off and see if the new one lines up right

4. SixString

SixString

Jul 20, 2002
    Its not a bad ass II its an old one. the wholes do line up but the actions too high cause it needs a well.

5. Yeah -- That is the down fall of the BasAss I The BadAss II solves that problem.

If your handy with a router or a dremmel you can do the work yourself.

6. SixString

SixString

Jul 20, 2002
    well i loodk at a newer on and it didnt seem to be as good quality wise

7. SixString

SixString

Jul 20, 2002
    Also, how would i figure out the depth for the bridge if i used a router?

8. I really wouldn't mess with the Badass I. It was originally designed as a replacement for the old Gibson EB-3 bass.