Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help!! Bart emergency!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by modflea, Oct 31, 2004.

1. modflea

modflea

Apr 26, 2004
    Lafayette, LA
    Sorry for the rush but I have an emergency. I'm in the middle of changing my jack on my Modulus Flea Bass. I'm running the Bartolini NTBT electronics. The original jack on the bass has three terminals. One has the green wire, one the black from the bridge, and one has the silver wire from the first pot and the black from the battery spliced together. The new jack only has two terminals. How do I wire three to two??

Original

Black From Bridge ---- Terminal 1
    Green from volume pot---- Terminal 2
    Silver + Black from battery----- Terminal 3

Thanks in advance!

2. The 3 terminal one is a stereo jack for active pre-amps. What you got now is a mono jack for passive controlls. You need to get a stereo one for the battery.

3. modflea

modflea

Apr 26, 2004
    Lafayette, LA
    Oh crap!!! :spit:

Well, thank goodness for backup basses...

Thanks for the quick answer. I appreciate it.

4. Skorzen

Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    what kind of jack is it? The newer switchcraft barrel jacks I have seen use the cable support(Iguess thats what you would call it) as the third terminal. look at this.

5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Flea basses don't use the barrel jacks. Like reasonbass said, sounds like he's using a mono jack where a stereo is needed.