1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help. Bass pickup problem

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Haz132, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Haz132

Haz132

Mar 29, 2009
    Hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong section. im new here. but i was just hoping for some advice. i have an Ibanez BTB200 bass and i recently left it at a friends house whilst recording some stuff for a project. and when i got it back i find out that the bridge pickup has sunken into the wood at one end and the saddle for the low E string is off balance. just wondering if this is natural or has the ******* messed with my bass at all?

i know its a stupid question but i just wanna make sure im right before i kick his ***.

2. Bass_man91

Bass_man91

Jul 30, 2008
    I could be wrong but I don't think a pickup would sink into the body on its own. I'm not sure if all basses are like this but my Stagg has a spring under the pickups to keep it from sinking.

3. Loosen the pickup screws. If the pickup doesn't move, the suspension could be worn or broken. If it is broken, fix it if you know how; if not, it should be cheap to get it fixed. No reason to do a*s kicking over a small problem. Kick his a*s if he snaps the neck, or pisses on the bass.

Ravyn

4. Bass_man91

Bass_man91

Jul 30, 2008
    lol... I agree, Don't get mad over something minor like this.