1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HELP!!: Basslines STC-3P with Active/Passive switch

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Sn8ke, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Sn8ke

Sn8ke

Feb 22, 2008
    Explained more below, but basically I'm trying to add an Active/Passive swtich to my STC-3P and I've got the Passive mode working... read below for more.

Here is the diagram:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=3bandtc

Here is the requested mod:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=active_passive_switch

I do not know which wires I need to be switching around here. It's obvious I'm looking at either the gray or white wires coming off the left side of the preamp, but which is which and what are their functions?

What wire, if any, will I need to ADD to the diagram and from where to where?

Here is the bass:

l_bcbe640ea55622c4eff64e8b0f006e1e.

Warmoth J bass. Hollow swamp ash body, bubinga neck, ziricote fretboard, quarter pound p-bass pup, hot stack J bridge pickup.

I must add this STC-3P but not without the Active/Passive switch!! Please help!

Here is what I've done so far and I'm lost/confused:

My assumptions were take the hot white output from the preamp going to the hot input on the master volume and RE-ROUTE it to the switch as the "hot from preamp out"

Cut my own wire and run it from the switch to the hot input of the master volume pot as the "hot to volume pot in"

and finally

cut my own wire and run it from the blend pot where the gray wire goes from the preamp to the switch as the "hot from blend pot" . This is where I am stumped though and want to make sure this is correct, I don't want to damage anything before I try it.

2. Sn8ke

Sn8ke

Feb 22, 2008
    bump