help befor i break my cab and amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by benjamintowle, Apr 21, 2001.

1. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    ok i want to know some thing i have a dod a/b box.can i do this amp out jack to the a/b.a out would go to the combo amp 15 speaker for a and b would be my home made 2x10 cab. i dont want going at the same time like for choseing between them not alot just once for one song what would happen. if i use the xtn speaker jack with it the two cabs whould only get 50 watts i have been a carvin pb 100 seres 2 you can read the maunal at
  2. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    i know this sounds weird but i need to know if i can do this for intro i have a cool cab i made with these jvc speakers that glow blue and when i gig i want to put on a show and don' want a friend pluging and unplugin this cab and pluging in my real good cab and dont want to use the xtn speaker jack because it cuts the watts down i think it a carvin pb100 series 2 so it has the jack for the combo speaker and a jack for a etn speaker cab.
  3. Benjamin,

This is going to sound rather rash but you've got to do something about your posts. Some tips:

Please use complete sentences - That is, with a subject, a predicate and a period.

Please take a breath once in awhile. We can't figure out what you are asking or talking about if you run all of your thoughts out in a single line.

Please read your posts - slowly - after you've written them. Ask yourself "Does this make sense to me?" Then read it again and make sure.

Please use capital letters every now and then to let us see the start of sentences, and to help extract the important stuff in your posts.

If you work on this, your posts will likely get more readers and, in turn, more responses.
  4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Thank you very much, Hambone. Now to the question. Your A/B box needs to be able to handle fairly high current. Some can do this, some can't. You need to find the right one, then it will work. Some A/B boxes are intended for inputs, which run at low voltage and low current. One of these would likely melt down on you in your intended application.