1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help!! Best cab for my new Aggie DB750 ??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jablues, Apr 6, 2006.

1. jablues

jablues

Oct 17, 2005
    Seville, Spain.
    Hi guys,
    I just received my new Aguilar DB750 and.......... well....... no comment about it amazing sound. What will really help me is to know from all of you which is probably the best sounding cab (or cabs combination) to stay under my Aggie (I play rock). I´m currently using a pair of Eden 410XLT and thinking in maybe the new DB810, or maybe the epifani 610UL, or.........don´t know. Help me to choose with your ears !!
    Thanks all,:bassist:

J.

2. I'd say give it a bergantino nv610 or an aggie gs412. congrats on the amp, must be a great feeling.

3. lowstar

lowstar

Jul 3, 2001
    Schnitzelland
    how would you describe the sound with the eden ? (i was thinking of getting an eden 4x10 xlt for my soon-to-arrive db750)

cheers,
    lowstar

4. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    Any Glockenklang cab. They are simply the best! You'll hear whatever you put through them.

5. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I heard a DB750 going into a DB810 and DB410 and the sound was just lovely. More aggressive sounding, with a little more mids that the GS series. It had a more traditional tone than the GS series as well.

6. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    My favorites would be any of the Bergantino NV series cabs.

Tom.

7. kjones

kjones

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    jive1, can you compare the sound through the new DBs as opposed to the tone through a Whappo, Jr.?

8. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    If I had a DB750, I'd find a way to get a Berg NV610 again.

9. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Night and day difference to my ears. The Whappo Jr is pretty flat sounding, without any noticeable peaks or dips. The Whappo has a pretty full range sound, and I would describe the sound as polite and refined.
    The DB810 is the opposite. It has a nice agressive tone to it, and had a nice tight punchiness to it. Tone that can cut through anything. The midrange sounded bumped, it may be because I'm used to the more scooped sounds of the GS series. The GS series sound more modern, while the DB is more traditional. It's like an Ampeg 8x10 with more clarity.

DB750 and the DB cabs match real well. And as far as looks, the DB750 in a leather or tolex rack case on top of the DB810 just reeks of vintage classiness.
    [​IMG]

10. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    +1

cant wait to try one.

but hey, if you have the moolah, an Epifani UL610 would rock, too. has that upfront midranginess about it, which goes together well w/ the 750's smooth tone.

11. jablues

jablues

Oct 17, 2005
    Seville, Spain.
    Well, I think you should wait a bit just to see what the guys have to say about the perfect partner for the DB750 :))
    With my 410XLT's, I found the sound very bassy, with too much lows and a bit muddy maybe because I tried it with a Lakland Darryl Jones 5 (don´t know) but I didn´t like the sound very much. ;)

12. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    I'll add that a Whappo Jr sounds great with a DB750. The GS212 sounds nice with it too.

13. jablues

jablues

Oct 17, 2005
    Seville, Spain.
    .....And what about the Epifani 610UL ?? some people told me very good thing about this light cab.

14. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    one of my fav BIG cabs. a pair set my arena rock dreams afire.

15. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    I ordered my DB750 with a GS410 and GS212. It's supposed to arrive soon, so if you haven't decided by then I'll give ya the full report. Good luck!

16. I am curious how you would compare the sound of the DB810 or DB410 to the sound of an NV610 and/or an older SVT 8X10??? :rolleyes:

I feel the pains coming on......LOL! I am curious though...

By the way.....PM me a price on the Tolex and the Leather for my 750 if you have it and you may as well go ahead and give me a price on the DB810 and DB410 too.....It just so happens my brother lives in NOVA and is coming home in a couple of weeks......:meh:

You stay out of this tombowlus....you give me enough GAS as it is......LOL! :D

:D

Peace,

T

17. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Here's a great pic of the new cabs. I have a DB810 on order for myself.

Attached Files:

18. steve4765630

steve4765630

Feb 27, 2006
    4 ohm Acme B4. Say what you want. They kick major butt. It'll take every last drop of power, but you'll rattle your foundation loose with it.

19. jablues

jablues

Oct 17, 2005
    Seville, Spain.
    I should have said this in the first message: :smug:
    "....I'm looking for Big bottom, punchy mids, and a smooth but sizzly when needed top."
    "....When I said "sizzling highs", I meant it more as a clarity in the highs. (for slap and pick lines ect) For example, I hear awsome things about the NV610, but without a tweeter/horn, I don't think it would cut it for me."

So which one now ??

(I use Laklands Joe Osborn US, Darryl J 5 and Bob Glaub. I hope this help :))

20. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Awesome:hyper: :hyper: