1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help! Broken Speaker In Ibanez Promethean

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BugZaney, Mar 28, 2013.

1. BugZaney

BugZaney

Mar 7, 2012
    Ok, so i picked up a promethean p5210 used from guitar center for under $200 with a year of pro coverage. Great deal, but when i got it home and plugged it in one of the speakers seemed to be pretty obviously blown. As i crank the low end it just crackles and pops. One of the speakers sounds incredible, the other like crap.So here is my dilemma.

Do I:

Return for a full refund and effectively miss this deal.

Or

Wait 60 days until my pro coverage is available to use and ship it back for repair.

Or

Take it to a repairshop around town and just bite the cost.

Or

get a replacement speaker and try to replace it myself.

Please help! Thanks.

2. Talk to GC, they will probably still repair it without the wait.

3. Punch your self:D

Call them, and ask about your repair options. If you bought coverage, use it. You wouldn't wreck a fully insured car and tell everyone "Its cool, I'll just pay for it myself".

4. BugZaney

BugZaney

Mar 7, 2012
    That was my first course of action, but i was informed that the procoverage isnt valid until the 60 day warranty expires (which i was not informed of by the clerk).

5. So you have a 60 day warranty from I can gather from that. What is the problem. call GC and get your options. If you have to wait 60 days then there must be coverage of some kind in place?

6. BugZaney

BugZaney

Mar 7, 2012
    Oops i meant 60 day return policy, not warranty.

7. Okay still call, if they tell you sorry you have to wait the 60 days. I would tell them fine, see you on day 61 and be there. I would NOT pay on my own or give up a good deal, but I am stubborn that way :D.

8. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    The Pro Coverage is in effect immediately, but you also have a 60 day return policy. Call the Pro Coverage number if you want repair, or take it back if you don't.