Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help! Broken tuning peg!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 5stringDNA, Jun 28, 2003.

1. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Thsi is really simple- when I was tuning the low B on my spector(no I didn't tune it too high), the peg broke.:bawl: I need to find a black Schaller-style tuning machine/peg/key assembly PRONTO. I Checked all-parts adn they only have chrome and gold, and none of the guitar stores around here stock them, and Spector is very difficult to order a part from, and I would have to wait weeks if that worked anyway. If you know anywhere I can get one, please speak up, thanks in advance!

2. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    If there's a luthier, big music store or guitar manufacturer in your area, there may be a chance they'd have a spare kicking around. If you don't know any, someone else may. I likes networking!

3. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Well, I have already checked with all the big music stores and no luck- they are calling up schaller on monday to try and get the part.

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    put a classified in wanted stuff.

5. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Warmoth has something that would work, but they require a $50 or more order, I just need a $7 tuning machine.:meh:

6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Hey DNA, according to your profile:

Current Setup: Spector ns2000-q5

IIRC, this bass uses a Gotoh Tuning Key not a Schaller. The screw location is in a different location on these tuners. I should have one (Gotoh) in black.

7. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    My bad Nino! I was thinking ti was schaller adn I couldn't find the specific info. If you have one, then I would be eternally grateful for it!!

8. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Nino- I just got an email from Spector that said they will send me a new tuning machine as soon as they get my address. No need to dig up the tuner, but thanks a bunch for the interest. :)

9. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Excellent!!!! Stu is very good to work with.

10. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I tottally agree Nino. The only other company I ahve experienced such good customer service from is Peavey, and they are my favorite "affordable" amp and cab maker. I wish more companies realized that a little bit of extra service goes a long way in customer loyalty and sales.

11. get a cheap one until you get one that matches