1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help browsing the Market?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dum-Dum-Dum, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Dum-Dum-Dum

Dum-Dum-Dum

May 6, 2006
    12th Fret
    Hey again everyone! The time has come for me to make a new addition to my bass collection. I've been playing gigs for the last few years, despite not having exceptional gear, or skill. I don't complain though, the money's good! I started off with an ESP LTD B50, and then a few months down the road, I bought an Epiphone Thunderbird. My Epiphone has done me justice for a long time, but there are some problems with it and I think it's time to move on. I've been trying to check out the market within my budget to find basses that I'd like to try. I've been having trouble though. There doesn't seem to be anything really eye catching from Gibson to be honest. The only bass that I've really considered is the Fender Aerodyne. So I've been keeping an eye out for it.

One of the things that annoys me most about the Thunderbird is the weight. If you're playing a gig for two hours, you're going to get pretty damn tired. I've also been looking into other branches of music lately, and found that the Thunderbird doesn't really seem suitable for jazz. Maybe it's just me, but slapping and popping just doesn't seem to suit it.

Okay, well I'm sorry for the wall of text. Here's everything you need to know.. :help:

I have around 700 euro to spend. I need a bass that is exceptionally versatile as I play a lot of pub gigs that can include songs from many different genres.

I need a bass that's comfortable and hopefully lighter then the Thunderbird, as I will be using it for some pretty long gigs and I'm quite... enthusiastic on stage.

For the same reason, I need a bass that's sturdy and reliable. I can be quite clumsy and I've had a few falls. One of my friends actually stood on my chest while he played the solo for "Rockin' in the Free World". :meh:

I need a bass that's aesthetic. If it's boring then I probably won't care for it. The Thunderbird was ugly apparently, but I loved it for it.

So feel free to blow me away with any suggestions, thoughts or comments that you all might have. You never fail to disappoint! :bassist:

2. Dum-Dum-Dum

Dum-Dum-Dum

May 6, 2006
    12th Fret
    Gotta admit, I was disappointed.

3. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007