1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help buying strings... Newbie

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Snerek, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Snerek

Snerek

Jan 12, 2007
    this is my current bass, a schecter 5 string

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Stiletto-Elite5-Bass?sku=513052&src=3SOSWXXA

playing through an ampeg svt 4 pro with ampeg speakers...

i'm looking for some good string for slap technique without loosing solid low end?

anyone have recommendations? someone told me about ernie ball, but i heard they loose life fast. i usually stick to finger style and can get away with "dead" strings but no anymore with slap stylings.

advice please for the new guy!

2. Dee_01

Dee_01

May 19, 2007
    Get coated strings if you're you're looking for long life. I'm using DR Black Beauty right now, and though I've only had them on for a few days I really like them. People say these last for ages. I've yet to find out, but I'll take their word on it. I think they're quite expensive, but actually it depends where you live. I'm in the UK, but importing DR's from the USA turns out to be super cheap for me.

3. jamfree

jamfree

Nov 10, 2005
    I would recommend DR Loriders.