1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HELP!!!!!! can ANYONE come up with a good comeback to the insult "Bass players are..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by missymoolaura, Jan 7, 2008.

1. I can think of many things to say.... Just a couple:

"bass players handle with their four strings what guitar players can't even touch with all six of theirs"

"my single low E string is thicker than all six of the guitar player's strings put together"

2. "I know you are, but what am I?"

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

bass players are all that you wish to be. :cool:

4. jucas

jucas

Dec 14, 2003
    Alberta
    I usually just agree and say that they also made the strings nice and big so I didn't miss them as often.

5. "So's your face!"

6. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    she never said she was straight... :bag:

I've done that one on my gf though :cool:

7. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    these two are my favorites so far

8. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    How about something to the effect of, "Your mom doesn't complain about the way I handle her."

I'm sure there are a million "your mom" says to turn it.

9. no1likesme

no1likesme

Dec 26, 2006
    Shepherd, MI
    Immediately dump some gasoline on them and set them on fire... :ninja:

10. I generally just kill them. In fact, most of my killings have been Bass insult related.

11. BAHAHAHAHAH

12. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    I can make earthquakes with my bass. Stand in front of the speakers and I'll show ya! :D

13. Here is my favorite on , I coined it myself...

"What do you think it's easier to ride.....a Bicycle , or a Tricyle...."

I leave them figuring it out at that point while I leave , but for those that di'nt get it , Guitar has 6 strings , same way a tricycle has 3 wheels , and bass as 4 strings same way a bike has 2 . If it's usually a guitarist , it leaves him in the ground , with a crushed ego .

OR

If it's some cool polite dude , or a hot chick , you could just go "Well just so you know , Violin's are 4 stringers too . Why dont you complain about Violin being for lazy/unskilled guitarists too then ??"

OR

You could always use what this guy said...

14. SB100

SB100

Dec 21, 2007
    Perth Australia
    A couple of lines ...

oh guitar? That's just an expensive mastabatory accessory for posers with no talent.

Guitars .. little toys for non-hung boys.

15. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    +1

16. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    I haven't run into this, but once. I asked the guy 'So, what's your backround in music?' Which, of course, he had none. 'Well, take AWAY the bass and you'll notice.'

17. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    Everybody plays guitar. If it were easy, everyone would play bass. I hold up the band. If I stop playing, everyone else will stop. If the guitarist stops playing, it's probably just a good time to order a beer and be heard.

...and there's probably a keyboard solo coming up.

18. "Someone's got to hold the rhythm and melody..." (And sing, if applicable.)

"That groove you were dancing to? That was me."

"I guess I'm just going to have to write off all that time I spent learning how play... What do you play again?"

In a nasally voice: "Yeah, 'cause chords are just so like, complicated, you know, and using a pick is just so much harder than, you know, coordinating my fingers..."

"Really? Funny how you paid to get in, and they paid me to be here." (That one requires careful use to prevent being a snob - I usually reserve that for the really drunk people who come up after the show and tell me where I "screwed up/was too fast/too slow/whatever.")

I've got more I can't think of at the moment... I've a fair amount of experience in dealing with idiots.

19. Yngwie 4String

Yngwie 4String Banned

May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska
    hand them the bass

20. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    I just play the brown note.