1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HELP! Can you identify the maker of this bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ricky Caboverde, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Hi guys, by any chance can anyone here identify who made this bass? The only marking it has is a stylized "V" on the headstock. I think it may be European, but I have no idea :( How about you? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    You should post a close up of the headstock.

3. Ricky Caboverde

Feb 26, 2004
    Miami, FL
    I wish I could, but unfortunately I dont have bass physically with me yet...

4. Rico_2212

Rico_2212

Jul 6, 2004
    Dietzenbach, Germany
    Peavey Amps Club #64
    It appears to be a Vester. At least that's what the "V" logo seems to be. Budget instruments from the 80' and 90's. Whether it's good or not depends on the price.

5. bassaussie

bassaussie

Oct 6, 2001
    Portugal
    If it's not a Vester, you might also check out Vantage.

6. Ricky Caboverde

Feb 26, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Vantage seems like a good guess at the moment...I'm searching Matsumoko databases at the moment. hopefully I'll find something. Anymore guesses? :)

7. Ricky Caboverde

Feb 26, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Thanks Bassausie! I have found a few Vantage basses with a very similar headstock and logo. You guys are awesome thanks again :)