1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help Carbine 6 W/2 x 12 cab. what cab next

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by catfishplatter, May 11, 2011.

1. catfishplatter

catfishplatter

May 2, 2011
    I am having a horbile time finding info or suggestion on good cab match up for my Mesa Carbine 6 with mesa @x12 its 40 ohm and trying to find a extra cabinet that will soand good and not run my head to hard? any thoughts!

2. I'm pretty sure that the carbines can run down to 2 ohms. So an identical 4 ohm cab would be the best.

3. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    It goes down to 2 ohms, so an 8 or 4 ohm cab would work.

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Your post hase some typo's, but a matching cab is always best.

5. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

FWIW, when I had my Carbine 212 Combo, I sat it on top of a PH210(4 ohm) for an outdoor show and it sounded fantastic.

6. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

What are you looking for? More of the same sound or to add something to the sound you already have?

7. catfishplatter

catfishplatter

May 2, 2011
    Thinking i want to add something to my sound

8. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

And that would be the hard part.

First, determine what's lacking from your sound tone wise. Then, which additional cab will provide it.

Obviously, this is a WHOLE lot easier if you can do this in person and use your ears. It's very hit or miss doing it just over the internet. (This is one reason why I think people go thru so much gear, because they can't hear it before they buy.)

What rockstarbassist said is correct. Any 8 or 4 ohm cabinet should work. Realize though that if it's an 8 ohm cabinet, it'll only get half the power that your 4 ohm cab gets.