Help! Carvin R600 DI doesn't work

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Phat Ham, Aug 31, 2002.

1. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    I tried running my Carvin R600 series II head's DI out to the mixer today at practice and I got nothing. I turned the gain on the mixer all the way up and got a little bit of crackling noise, but that was it. The power amp out and effects loop send work fine. Anyone know what could be wrong?
  2. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    funny, same thing just happened with my hartkeha3500. I went to run it to the mixer and 0 sound. I used the effects loop, and it was ok. but still, it suprises me, so I guess I'd like the same answer too:rolleyes:
  3. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    try the pre/post (EQ) send button on the back.See If it works in the pre (EQ) position. In the post (EQ) position you must have the pre amp and volume turned up before it will send the signal to the board.
  4. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    I tried the pre/post switch and just about every other switch on the amp. I know it wasn't the cable or anything because my sansamp worked fine.

I took the circuit board that has all the jacks on the back out to take a closer look. The wires that are in the circuit board leading from pins 2 and 3 of the XLR jack look like they have been scraped out, so there is no connection there any more. There is a capacitor and resistor soldered onto the back of the board leading from each pin to where the wires in the circuit board led to. I don't know if it's supposed to be like that or if something maybe melted. I guess I'll just have to call Carvin tech support on monday.