Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by The Artist, Aug 27, 2002.

1. I've been bassing 4 about 1 1/2 years now, but I've never changed strings on my bass. I know how to do it but I'm not shure about how to do it on my bass, I have an Ibanez GSR200 and I was wondering if I have to do something with the bridge. If anyone has expirience with this bass please help me.
  2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

3. duz it make a difference with the head stock?(4-In-Line Headstock or 2+2 headstock) what kind do i have?(see pic)
    THX again

4. rickbass

Notice the pictures they have of a "2 +2 headstock" are practically identical to yours?

"4-in-line" just means that all 4 tuners are on one side of the headstock.

You had 2 on the left side and 2 on the right side of your headstock. Follow those instructions.

Don't feel bad, though. This "bass world" has its own jargon/language and you'll get it quickly as long as you aren't afraid to ask questions.

If anyone says you're a "dummy" for asking, we'll beat `em up for ya! Hell, not being afraid to ask questions, no matter how "dumb" they may seem, is the quickest way to learn.

If you're still having problems, just post again.
  5. Thanks 4 all your help. When I first joind Talkbass I was allway to afraid to ask questions coz everyone here seemed to know everything and I didn't want to seem like a dummy, but I never lernt things like that, but luckyly there are people like you who encorage people to ask coz, as you said, thats the best way to learn. Like so many other bassists here I never had lessons, so I can play bass, but don't know squat about it, but every day I am learning new things here and that's great:)

keep up the good work
  6. rickbass

Anyone who claims they weren't a "bass dummy" at one time is a liar.

The best way to learn is to get all the advice you can and apply it....and you seem open to doing that!
  7. Hey,

I will shift this over to Strings as i checked in there and it seems there are a few threads that may be able to refine your question. ;)