Help cheap speakers for my old cab!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by The_D, Feb 6, 2005.

1. The_D

The_D Well, thats like your opinion. Man...

Mar 20, 2004
    Fife, Scotland
    Hey folks I have an old ass Marshal (at least it had a marshall badge on the front when I bought it) 4x8" cab and one of the cones has popped. :bawl:
    I have searched the forums and in google but cant seem to find anywhere that sells cheap replacement cones in the UK. I dont want to buy spares from marshall as I know they will be more expensive than I am willing to spend. I am prepared to spend like £30-£40.
    Please help me T/B guys your my only hope!
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    What about these locations in the UK?
    E-AV Pro Audio
    Appian Acoustics
    UK eBay
    Concert Systems

I have no clue how far these places are away from you, but that is what I came up with when I did a search around the internet on your behalf.

3. The_D

The_D Well, thats like your opinion. Man...

Mar 20, 2004
    Fife, Scotland
    Thanks MJ for looking around for me even though I'm sure you have more important things to be doing what with the court case and all! lol Sorry couldnt resist it. :p

I was looking on ebay but just got lost searching through all the Subs for boy racers so gave up. I was hoping to catch someone who had gone through the same thing and found a nice cheap UK based company that would deliver to Scotland.

Appian Acoustics is probably my best bet but they only go down to 10" for bass speakers, would I be able to use a PA one instead? I dont know much about the difference between the two. I will have to look at what is fitted now I know they are 8" but thats about it :confused:
    At least I now have a resource to come back and look at.

Any more suggestions from anyone out there will be nice. I spent 9 hours at work last night trawling the UK sites ( I had to actually work for 3) but they all want you to just buy a new cab and not fix the old one!