1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help! Classic 70s Guard Question (nice pic)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Orpheus55, Apr 23, 2010.

1. I love my new Classic 70s Jazz, but am looking to install a tort pickguard; searches indicate that the '62 reissue guard will fit (will it really?), but does anyone know if the more period-correct "70s Pattern" with the e-string thumb-rest and pickup holes (seen at basspartsresource) will work? I know one hole on the left would be misaligned, but I'm more concerned about the fit against the control plate. I can get one custom from WDmusic, but I'l looking at $95 against $45. Any Classic Owners out there to help? Thanks

001-2-1-1.

2. I believe I saw a '62 RI guard on someone's classic 70s recently, but can't find it on the thread-search. Fender.com calls this guard a "60s & 70s era" part, so I guess it would be fine. Pending a reply from Fender, does anyone know if it will work? I can live with the truss-rod indent if need be.

3. I got this white pearl Allparts guard from a local music store. I seem to remember it fit with no mods (except for the center hole).
    (How's the camera strap for "how NOT to take a picture of your bass?)

DSCF0025-1.

4. Hey, that looks great! I forgot about AllParts; was it billed as a "70s" model? Usually, their the ones with the center hole. Ideally, I'd like to add some covers down the line. These are great besses, for sure.

5. Too be honest I don't remember. It did have the center hole, though. Looks great, matches the block inlay perfectly.

I just don't like solid white pickguards.