Help : Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by yahuui, Aug 23, 2004.

1. yahuui

Aug 13, 2004
    I'm looking for a new combo. What is important in buying a new combo? Can you give me a few recommendations? Some friends of mine recommend Trace Elliot, but I really don't know what to buy. My bugdet is limited to $250. By the way, the combo will be used for practicing. Help me OK ! :help: :help: :help: :hyper: :hyper:
  2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    well i hate combos but.........
    i would look for the largest power rating and biggest speaker i could find in your price range
    it would also be great if the combo had an extension speaker jack so you could use another speaker with it at a gig
    but, honestly, if it sounds good to you and the speaker seems to be able to handle the low notes when turned up you should be ok
    i would look into used units as well - more bang for the buck (euro)
  3. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

you could get a Fender Rumble 100 for that price, has 100W.
  4. bogart

Dec 11, 2003
    big bear, ca
    ashdown mag or club series. By far the best tone in your range.

FWIW, I look for a cd input, a headphone out, A decent amount of wattage, and speaker choicwe is up to you. I'd prefer a 12, It kind of bridges the gap between a punchy ten and a boomy fifteen. Perfect for a combo amp. Ashdown's club series is 60 watts, with a 12. Being in Europe it should be easy to get.
  5. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

Mesa Boogie Scout.....
  6. yahuui

Aug 13, 2004
    for what is the CD-input?
  7. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    accepts a stereo signal from a cd player so it can be run through the amp, for bass kareoke!