1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help! Comparision Peavey Cirrus - Old Warwick Thumb NT

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by albertilius, Apr 3, 2009.

Warwick thumb NT 6 or Peavey Cirrus 6?

Poll closed Jul 12, 2009.
  1. sincerly I prefer Peavey Cirrus

41.4%
  2. sincerly I prefer Warwick Thumb NT

58.6%
  1. Hi all

I own a Cirrus BXP 4 and a W Thumb NT 6 '1990

I am actually satisfied with both, but I complain about enjoying much more the peavey than warwick. Not for the easy 4 strings but the tone, the response and the easyly musical sound you can get from it. Of course that Thumb does kicks ass, but i find it hard to make it sound as good as i'd like, or as good as i seem to sound with peavey.... I have the sensation that I am much more good player playing Cirrus....

Concretely, one highlight i found in Cirrus is the thight attack and the tone stability, among the cool punch. I get quite fool thinking why i'd pay 2k$ for this bass, but It's made in Indonesia! (BXP). I also wonder about the age of my thumb (I bought 2 years ago of X'nd hand), that is from 1990 and mybe the sound or the performance could heve been decreased in any way, altough it has all its original hardware.

I am considering the option of changing my warwick for another Cirrus but 6 string (american or BXP, doesnt care - actually bxp 6 string doesnt exist...)

So i ask for your help and voting. Suggestions or alternatives will be wellcomed. =)

Thanks in advanced guys!

2. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    Those old Thumbs are fantastic so I voted for that, but if you truly prefer Cirrus' then go for it. I'd keep the Thumb though, they're beautiful basses.