1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

help dating a Hartke 3500?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by runmikeyrun, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Hey guys, thinking about buying one from a friend but it looks a little well used. Wanted to date the serial number, but not finding much on either TB or google searches. Any help? Thanks in advance.

s/n H30D165

2. Dustin Teel

Dustin Teel Guest

Jun 2, 2011
    Based on the title, I was going to recommend a candle dinner and buying it flowers.

Sarcasm aside, Larry Hartke leaves his cell phone number all over this forum. I'm sure you could call/text him the serial number and he could find it. The 3500 and 5500 heads are great amps. I use a 5500 in my big rig. I never have issues with volume, the EQ is outstanding, and the Tube preamp sounds wonderful. If you get a good deal on it, I would highly recommend purchasing it.

3. I'm thinking hard about it... It's cheap but pretty well used. I had one for 4 or 5 years back around the early 2000s and it was an incredible amp. I need a backup/slave and with the price and specs I think it would fit the bill nicely.

4. well, i shoulda checked the website first... lol... for future reference, hartke amps can be dated as follows:

Support | Samson Technologies

The number before the letter indicates year of production. 5500 - 5H9C00012 = 2009 PRODUCTION. (5H = Model 5500 - 9 year - C = 3rd month (A=January, B=February, etc.)

Looks like mine's a 2000. I'm going to rule out a 2010 because it's wayyyy to beat up to only be a year old.