1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help designing a 6 string bass body

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by marlon66, Apr 16, 2010.

1. marlon66

marlon66

Jan 22, 2010
    hey guys im a bit confused as to how to go about designing a cad drawing from a ibanez btb picture for a six string neck thru bass. is there a how to sticky or something i could as a reference?
    2.I would like to know also what is the string width at the nut and bridge for a wide neck.
    3. also is there anyone who has a diy piezo buffer i could use.

2. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    Ok, from what I gather (Ibanez's site), the Ibanez BTB 676 is 54mm (2.125") wide @ the nut and 85mm (3.346") @ the 24th fret. I'd do a drawing in 1:1 scale.... First drawing a straight line, with a straightedge, then for each side and following it further past the 24th fret point, to an overall 35" (approximate) scale length, will give you your overall width and taper. Assuming that there's an 1/8" spacing, between the edge of the fretboard and the edge of the outer strings (subtract roughly 1/8" from each side), this would be you total string width. Nope, I don't have a buffer, sorry. ;)