1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HELP - Digitech Synth Wah (Guitar Model) on bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Twocan, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Twocan

Twocan Living the Dream

Oct 5, 2009
    MA
    I've got an opportunity to get one cheap, but wonder if it will handle/track my bass as it's designed for gutiar. If anyone has attempted, please let me know today!!! Thanks.

2. DrSmaggs

DrSmaggs

Oct 15, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Endorsing Artist:
    I've tried both the bass and guitar one on bass. If you can, take your bass in and test one out for yourself at a store. If you can't test one out yourself, you could always buy it since it is cheap in your case and resell it if it isn't your bag.

I didn't notice any tracking problems, but then again, I didn't ever use one in a live situation with my own rig blasting.

3. Twocan

Twocan Living the Dream

Oct 5, 2009
    MA
    Thanks! If anyone else can weigh in before 5PM it would be appreciated!

4. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    East Bay, CA
    I've had a BSW for years, love it. I did try the regular Synth Wah when it first came out. IIRC the very first SW model had both up and down filter modes. Tracking was excellent on both models.

I'd personally recommend the BSW for the sub-octave modes and easy blending (unless you already have an octaver). Neither model does the Bill Laswell closed-filter dub thing like the original DOD FX-25, by the way.

5. Twocan

Twocan Living the Dream

Oct 5, 2009
    MA
    Thanks - I have the BSW but always have it in octave mode. For little money, I figured I can give myself some diversity without changing settings on the fly.

6. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    East Bay, CA
    Oh, in that case go for it!

7. Twocan

Twocan Living the Dream

Oct 5, 2009
    MA
    Got it for $20 and it sounds great! Thanks guys.

8. DrSmaggs

DrSmaggs

Oct 15, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Endorsing Artist:
    Congrats! Post a sample!

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021