Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help..Doors light my fire.."come on baby light my fire"..how is that line played??

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by ::::BASSIST::::, Mar 31, 2005.

1. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    I figured out all the parts to Light my fire by the doors except the part that is played with "come on baby light my fire"

all the stuff that i have found on the web is wrong to my ears.

can someone point me in the right direction? this is a popular song so i know its got to be somewhere.

any ideas as to how that line goes?

thanks!

2. I went on BassTabArchives.com and just looked up the song. In the only tab it says... "This is correct but the studio recording makes it all sound a half step lower" ...Maybe that is why it does not sound right? Anyways, here is the link just incase you want it.

Bass Tab Archive

3. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    hey thanks, but that one is not correct. the solo and the verse is, but the chorus and the intro are wrong. of course, they are the difficult parts.

4. Well, just in case you're still looking I looked up two more for you on MXTabs. They are both different and are worth a look. If not, you might just want to go out and buy a book on The Doors. :smug:

MXTabs 1
    MXTabs 2

5. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    I did an extensive search on the net already using 911tabs.

no luck.

i think next i am going to try powertabs and download the midi in written form. usually this works well if the midi is accurate.

thanks

6. Alright, good idea. Have fun! :rolleyes:

7. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    The Chorus on "MXTabs1" looks right...except it doesn't show what happens after bar 5-
    What's shown is:
    lG-A-lD-D-lG-A-lD-B-lG-D-l

The next couple bars-
    lE-E-lE-E-l

It's all Root-3-5

8. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    well i have played that chorus along with the actually recording and it didnt sound correct to me. however, i may give it another try as i am just a bass hack :smug: