Help! EBMM Ray ltd edition with basslines pup

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sifi76, Mar 21, 2011.

1. sifi76

sifi76

Mar 14, 2007
    New Zealand
    Hey all, I'm looking at getting a near mint ltd buttercream stingray bass, but it's previous owner installed a basslines MM replacement pickup. Has anyone had any experience with this pup in a ray? I have read plenty about OLP replacements, but not many people have replaced the stock pup in official ray's.. Can someone please advise to the tonal difference, as I love the look of this bass, but need to know that I'm not being a buttercream 'lemon' in terms of tone. Cheers.

2. arsie

arsie

Jan 19, 2011
    Singapore
    The problem is that EB doesn't sell the pickups, they only do 1:1 exchange. So if your bass doesn't come with the original pickup, you'll have a hard time finding an original to put back in there, affecting resale, IMO.

I'd personally try to push him down on the price if you really want the bass, or ask for the original pickup as part of the sale.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021