1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help EBS Multi Comp.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bluewine, Oct 19, 2009.

1. bluewine

bluewine Banned

Sep 4, 2008
    WI
    Hi, how do I loop my multi-com to the sends and returns on the front of my GK 1000rb?
    Thanks in advance

2. From the send on the the GK to the input on the EBS, and from the output on the EBS to the return on the GZ. All connections may be done with regular guitar cables.

It may or may not sound better in the effects loop than is does in the signal before the amp. If I recall correctly, the threshold setting on the multicomp is only adjustable on a trimmer pot (actua;;y two potentiometers) inside the pedal, so you might not get the results you are looking for. The compression will depend on the strength of the GK send, vs. the strength of the bass itself.

Get it?

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 to above, though I'd suggest putting the MultiComp in the normal input of your amp. Most effects work better in the front end, but a comp could go either way, I guess. Still, I'd go through the front door.

4. MooseLumps

MooseLumps Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    bass->ebs ->gk input. period.

5. bluewine

bluewine Banned

Sep 4, 2008
    WI
    Cool, I get it. Guess once in a while you have go "old school" on stuff.

I want my rock n roll spot light clean.I did not want a bunch of pedals on the floor. I will leave the EBS "old school" on the floor and plug my Korg tuner into the front panel.

I would go rack mount, but it would end up being just more crap to haul.

6. MooseLumps

MooseLumps Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    Velcro the Ebs to your head, and run a short patch cable to your amp. you never have to shut it off, I rarely do mine.

7. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 to that.