Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help: Eden Nav outputs not working

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Eric Moesle, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    For several years, never a problem. This weekend, the left and right XLR outs AND the left and right 1/4" outs are putting out NOTHING. The recording DI out (which I send to the board) works just fine.

No issues with the knob settings, I tried everything. Of course, I'm sending it off to the shop today and expecting to pay a hefty premium for having it looked at before next weekend. But, any ideas as to what the problem is would be appreciated.

2. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Nothing useful, except to say,, daaaamn that sucks Eric...

3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Have you pulled the hood to check for internal fuses? I'd also check the user forums over at the Eden website before shipping her off.

Tom.

4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Its a '96, so no need to ship it anywhere for warranty-sake, just a quick drop off to Able Audio here in town, they can fix anything. I was lucky that when I discovered it non-functional before a corporate x-mas party last friday, I had my SWR BBII in my van just in case it was a tiny room. I ran the BBII though my rack power amp, and it saved my #$%.

Looks like I'll be doing the same this weekend. I'm hoping its just a loose solder joint or something because of the cold weather. I had a club gig last thursday, and left it in the van overnight and I think the temperature dropped into the teens overnight.

Unfortunately, I'm too busy right now to pop the hood and look around for a loose solder joint or anything else obvious. I am a bit relieved to know the recording out works - that tells me the thing isn't dead.

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    That's true, those guys are tops.

Tom.