HELP! Eden Trouble!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Drake Kennedy, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Hey

I got this Eden VT.40 about 3 months ago. It's a great amp, but it just wasn't my thing, and I found another great deal, so I decided to sell it. It's even up on the FS forums here. I feel I may have to pull it from being for sale and pass up a chance at one of my dream amps because of this.

Now it has two completely unrelated problems. One of them is my own fault :scowl: and one of them is a mystery.
    The first one is pretty simple, but I don't know if it has a simple solution. While examining the amp for the first problem, it slipped forward and landed on my leg. The guitar cable bent and broke inside the input jack, and when I pulled it out slowly, only part came out. The tip stayed inside. Is this a quick fix problme, or will I have to spend a lot of money to rectify my own stupidity.

Second, and also why it no longer works - when I turned the amp on, the mains switch lit up, but none of the other lights did, nor did the amp make any other signs of recieving power. I have no idea what the problem could be. I took the top plate off (very carefully) to check and see if there were any really obvious problems inside, but nothing. Help!

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

The input jack is easy to fix with 5 min of time, a new jack and soldering gun.

The second problem is more of an issue. Look internally for blown fuses, etc. Maybe the broken tip in the jack is shorting something causing the issue. One easy way to tell is to just un-solder the imput jack and then just leave the two wires separated (make sure theuu don't touch any metal or each other), then fire up the head to see if the other lights come on. If it still does not work, look VERY closly at the circuit boards and look for small cracks, etc.

If that fails, take it to a local Eden tech (I believe Eden's sight lists repair centers around the country and world). Good luck!
  3. Sorry I was unclear about that. The jack thing happened after the amp quit, so they aren't really related.
    I emailed Eden, they gave me some service centers in my area. I might have to take it to one of them, but I won't get it back for 3 weeks. :meh:
  4. I really don't have the time to get this professionally fixed. I might have to just fix the jack and sell it as is. Could I fix the jack myself, being a complete novice at everything?
  5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    If the jack is not in a little box, you can poke it out with a screwdriver or something. If its in a box, the fix is fairly easy. Just get a new jack and solder it on. Either way, easy fix. I velieve the .40 has got some tubes in it, right? Check the tubes for obvious damage and to see if they are loose. If that doesn't work, then its a mystery to me. Try plugging in another preamp into the power if you have an FX loop or pre-out, power in.