1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help Fender decision

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by afireinside, Feb 29, 2008.

1. afireinside

afireinside

Jan 3, 2008
    Michigan
    Ok I keep running into deals..... And need some sane advice

#1 MIJ Steve Harris Bass 9 of 10 cond no case offerd $725.00 see if he will take

#2 1999 MIA P-bass stock no case $500.00 black

Want the harris to have but to pay the premium for a used MIJ w BA2 and 1/4 lbers is silly. I could get a MIA and upgrade it to the harris but wouldent get the LPB/Red PG.......
    What say you?

2. K-Funk

K-Funk

Sep 24, 2007
    Auburn Hills, MI
    I also live near Detroit, and saw those two basses. I almost bought the P-bass, but I've already got a 2006 blonde American, so having two is pretty silly. My opinion on the American: it's a great bass, the build quality is fantastic, and for that price, it's an excellent deal. I paid full price for mine, and felt it was worth it.

As for the Harris, those are pretty rare, and even if you payed $1000 for it, you could sell it again for $1200 and nobody would notice. MIJ instruments are also very well-made.

The choice is yours.

3. afireinside

afireinside

Jan 3, 2008
    Michigan
    then the other problem is I have a HW1 Jazz and P so I dont really NEED a new one.......

4. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    Buy 'em both!

5. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Buy them both and sell the HW1's.

6. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

The '99 MIA P-bass is awesome. I had one in midnight purple. Sorry I ever got rid of it.

I paid $500 with a Fender hard case though.