1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

help finding 15mm wide locking saddle, ABM style

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by jimbilly, Oct 19, 2016.

1. jimbilly

jimbilly

Apr 19, 2006
    I'm sorting out a Peavey GV, the bridge is from ABM I'm told, the front of one of the locking saddles has broken off. It doesn't seem to be a part that's easy to find, but there's quite a few similar on ebay. the locking saddle (inside the slots in the bridge) measures 15mm wide (pretty much exactly). Anybody have a different brand locking saddle in the same width?, maybe one that's not from Germany and hard to find?, that I could get online? Even the ABM singles on ebay look to be a little narrower per the specs on their website. pv gv bridge.JPG

2. jimbilly

jimbilly

Apr 19, 2006
    I ended up contacting ABM directly through the email on their facebook page. Peter gave me a quote for the part that was very reasonable, shipping costs what it costs, -still an overall very reasonable cost. I exchanged some US currency for Euros in paypal for payment, and about 5 days later the correct saddle arrived!, I'm very pleased with ABM!

BassikLee likes this.