Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help - First time buyer.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BiffyFan, Jan 31, 2005.

1. BiffyFan

BiffyFan

Jan 31, 2005
    Hi,

I'm currently looking for a bass guitar, luckily my neighbour was kind enough to let me borrow his old one, it was basic but it played and i played(or tried to) for a few weeks before i returned it.

Now that i have tried it i would like to play it more often, i'm really stuck on what type of bass to buy. I can't find anywhere that's ratings/help makes sense to me so i thought i would ask people who have been in the position i am in before.

I'm really looking for something cheap to learn on but of good quality. Second hand would be the option i would be choosing to go for.

I'm listen to anything from radiohead to fleetwood mac, biffy clyro etc. Hopefully this will be enough for you guys/gals to help.

Thank you for your attention.

2. Andre_gt7

Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA
    How much are you looking to spend?

3. BiffyFan

BiffyFan

Jan 31, 2005
    I could spend a fair bit, i just ain't too sure if i have the patience to play so want to get into it a bit more before i go buy a new one.

£100-£200 sounds gd to me.

4. Andre_gt7

Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA
    hmm..idk about europe...but a MIM Fender Precision or Jazz sounds good

5. matrixbassman32

matrixbassman32

Jan 29, 2005
    buy a warwick bass theyre the best bass you can get at least thats my opinion about it peace up a-town down :bassist: