1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help - First time buyer.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BiffyFan, Jan 31, 2005.

1. BiffyFan

BiffyFan

Jan 31, 2005
    Hi,

I'm currently looking for a bass guitar, luckily my neighbour was kind enough to let me borrow his old one, it was basic but it played and i played(or tried to) for a few weeks before i returned it.

Now that i have tried it i would like to play it more often, i'm really stuck on what type of bass to buy. I can't find anywhere that's ratings/help makes sense to me so i thought i would ask people who have been in the position i am in before.

I'm really looking for something cheap to learn on but of good quality. Second hand would be the option i would be choosing to go for.

I'm listen to anything from radiohead to fleetwood mac, biffy clyro etc. Hopefully this will be enough for you guys/gals to help.

Thank you for your attention.

2. Andre_gt7

Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA
    How much are you looking to spend?

3. BiffyFan

BiffyFan

Jan 31, 2005
    I could spend a fair bit, i just ain't too sure if i have the patience to play so want to get into it a bit more before i go buy a new one.

£100-£200 sounds gd to me.

4. Andre_gt7

Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA
    hmm..idk about europe...but a MIM Fender Precision or Jazz sounds good

5. matrixbassman32

matrixbassman32

Jan 29, 2005
    buy a warwick bass theyre the best bass you can get at least thats my opinion about it peace up a-town down :bassist: