1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help for a beginner choosing a new bass guitar!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by edgarjavids, Jun 2, 2007.

1. edgarjavids

edgarjavids

Jun 2, 2007
    Hi guys, this is my first post and i was hoping that i could get some help!

Im a beginner, looking to buy an electric bass guitar with an amp and i have a budget of £300...i love music by bands such as Muse and would like a bass that plays well for that type of music...also a 3/4 scale would be ideal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading,

Jav

2. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    I don't know many beginner basses that are 3/4 scale..

I'd suggest getting an Ibanez or a Yamaha. They make good starter basses.

If you wanted to save up a lil more cash, you could get one of these: Ibanez EDB400

fantastic bass!

3. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Definitely buy used-it'll take at least a year for you to figure out exactly what you want. Right now scale, string spacing , body shape, etc are all abstract. I strongly advise starting with a 34 standard scale unless you have very small hands. It'll make for much more choice and it'll be easy as pie to play shorter scale if you choose later.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021