Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help for moving and playing

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by aabassist, Oct 9, 2002.

1. When i play a gig with my band, which will be end of this month i want to be able to move around and play at the same time so i don't have to stand there like a dork.

I can walk and play of course but are there any tips for jumping and playing and the same time. Apart from gettin some good strap locks.

I just want any help i can get for moving around on the stage, im sure walking around wouldn't really suffice :rolleyes:

2. Personally, I can't really jump and play at the same time. Something that is cool though, something that I do, is jumping big right before the bass comes in. Jump in time with the drummer or whatever else is happening, and land right as you hit the first note, always good if you can get your jumps looking cool.

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Just move to the music.

If its not natrual they'll notice.

Just start with your head bouncing around to the groove and the rest of your body will follow.

Peace
    Nick

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    If you want to do anything besides play, you have to know your part inside and out. This goes for singing, tap dancing, or flopping around the stage like a fish. Practice your part until it is second nature and you can play it without looking at the fretboard.

5. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Word;) .