1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help for Upright Mic Newbie. Grace Felix vs. markbass 800 vs. EA doubler vs. Acoustic Image

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by jazzizded, Dec 29, 2019.

1. jazzizded

jazzizded Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2008
    Sausalito, CA
    Trying to decide/understand what might work best to blend my new DPA 4099 (or use on it's own).. Lots of people recommend Grace Felix and using my existing Walter Woods, but wondering if others have experience with some of the amps listed above that allow blending.. it would be nice to have a backup amp as well... Looks like the following amps feture both phantom power and 2 channel blending with my pickup (realist). I only play upright and only straight ahead jazz, so my needs are for getting the most natural gut/acoustic sound.. thanks to anyone who wants to share their experience and advice. :)

Markbass 800 tube vs. EA Doubler vs. Acoustic Image Clarus vs. Grace Felix II or ???

armybass likes this.
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Probably a better question to ask on the DB side.

armybass and jazzizded like this.
  3. jazzizded

jazzizded Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2008
    Sausalito, CA
    thanks. i did that and am getting good response.. i'm such a newb... :) i can't even figure out how to delete this thread.

JimmyM likes this.
  4. flatback

flatback

May 6, 2004
    Hey Eric,
    Get the Felix. Best preamp for blending. If you want to borrow mine for a week or so text me I'd be happy to loan it to you.

lrhbass likes this.
  5. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    Nice Guy :smug: Piro