1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help fret this!

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by paste, May 17, 2012.

1. paste

paste

Oct 3, 2011
    Michigan
    Just recently started learning how to play Do ya think im sexy :bag: by Rod Stewart and there's a line in there that goes like:

--------10-10------10-10-------10-10----
    -------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------8------------8-----------------------
    ---13--------------------------------------- etc.

I know it seems pretty obvious to put the index on the 10 and your pinky on the 13 but it feels extremely awkward to fret and I cant quite get it down. how would yall fret this?

(by the way this whole songs in triplets so I haved to hold the 13 and 10 at the same time)

Heres the song:

2. hleach

hleach

Apr 10, 2008
    It's the same note as the 8 on the A string. Just play it up there. The tab was probably run through some computer program that adjusted it down a string for some reason.

3. paste

paste

Oct 3, 2011
    Michigan
    yep I think so too. thanks.

4. Haha ...I was just about to say same thing...
    It looks like F note and it`s octave played through the song (at least in the part you showed us)...
    Tabs are great as long as you are capable of fixing them as most of the is actually fckd up :p