Help from the Texans

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Biker4Him, Jul 30, 2004.

1. I'm going to be visiting the Dallas area tomorrow (July 31).
    I'm dropping my wife off in Grapevine, and will have the entire day to myself!!
    Where's a good place to go spend some time drooling over gear?

I have two things on my agenda... gear shopping, and adding to the already enormous
    amount of ink on my body. (I'm from OkieHoma.. the ONLY state that tatooing is illegal!)

Thanks in advance
  2. orzo20

Jul 26, 2004
    There'll be a GTG tomorrow in Lewisville at Pete Skjold's place, starting @ 11:00 am. There will be a lot of gear around

3. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Well you should deffinantly come to the DFW Bass Get Together tomorrow!

Here's the pertinant info:

Starts at 11am, tons of drool worthy gear to be there, plus about 40 players from Talkbass.

Aside from that Larry Morgan music is a good one, its in Garland. Also, the Guitar Center on LBJ (635), has a Platinum Room run by my buddy Mike Henry. Hes got some really nice guitars (no basses, sorry), in the collection there, including a PRS Dragon :)

PS - If you need help finding a Tattoo Artist, I can prolly send you in the right direction as well.
  4. Sounds like it could be dangerous to my pocketbook. Me down to just two basses and money sitting in the bank. I think I should try to swing by!!!:rolleyes:

I'm still trying to finalize the design for my tat. I may or may not get it done tomorrow. I probably will :hyper: although I will feel like I am cheating on my normal artist (who is still working on covering my back!)
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah, drop in! It would be a shame for you to be in the area the day of the GTG and miss it. Check the thread. There will be more drool worthy gear there than at any store on the planet, except maybe Bass NW or Bass Central.
  6. jedi

Apr 11, 2003
    north texas
    Out of curiousity what artist are you going to? I live in the area and actually took a friend to get his first tattoos today.
  7. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I know where the Guitar Center is in Arlington...