Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help getting a certain sound

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by GothSkaBassist, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Im trying to get a certain sound out of my bass, but I cant seem to find it in any of the pedals ive tried. You can hear it on the first Limp Bizkit Album, and on both Slipnot albums. Its very a thrash clunky type of sound. If you can help let me know.

2. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    new bass maybe...but I think I know what you mean, if you play either of the songs with a band, ussualy, there sound drowns out the bass tone, so it gives it that exact tone, trust me. But one question, how can you be a goth and a ska dork? I'm surprised you didn't put "emo kid" in your name.:rolleyes:

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    turn up the bass and trebble, and turn dowm the mids

4. Try steel roundwounds for strings. Maybe a little overdrive, and yeah, maybe cut some mids.

5. doesn't have to do with effects so off to misc... this is why there should be a tone forum, lol

6. Im pretty sure its an effect that makes this sound thats why i put it in the effects forum. Anyways the Goth Ska is a joke i have with a friend of mine, i dont actually play ska, i play thrash/metal type stuff, maybe a little goth. Oh and thanks for your help guys.

7. they both drop tune.... that gives them the clunky sounds, nothing like loose strings to get a floppy thrashing sound. :rolleyes: