1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help getting a certain sound

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by GothSkaBassist, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Im trying to get a certain sound out of my bass, but I cant seem to find it in any of the pedals ive tried. You can hear it on the first Limp Bizkit Album, and on both Slipnot albums. Its very a thrash clunky type of sound. If you can help let me know.

2. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    new bass maybe...but I think I know what you mean, if you play either of the songs with a band, ussualy, there sound drowns out the bass tone, so it gives it that exact tone, trust me. But one question, how can you be a goth and a ska dork? I'm surprised you didn't put "emo kid" in your name.:rolleyes:

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    turn up the bass and trebble, and turn dowm the mids

4. Try steel roundwounds for strings. Maybe a little overdrive, and yeah, maybe cut some mids.

5. doesn't have to do with effects so off to misc... this is why there should be a tone forum, lol

6. Im pretty sure its an effect that makes this sound thats why i put it in the effects forum. Anyways the Goth Ska is a joke i have with a friend of mine, i dont actually play ska, i play thrash/metal type stuff, maybe a little goth. Oh and thanks for your help guys.

7. they both drop tune.... that gives them the clunky sounds, nothing like loose strings to get a floppy thrashing sound. :rolleyes: