1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

help getting a jazzy upright fretless sound out of 1/4 pound jazz set

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jordan_frerichs, Aug 2, 2008.

1. jordan_frerichs

jordan_frerichs

Jan 20, 2008
    Nebraska
    i have been trying to work out a complex electronics system for a project involving 2 sets of different sounding jazz pups, and makinging them into humbuckers, but when i added up the cost, it came to be too much. i figured it would be best for the walet if i choose one of the sets, and tried to get every inch of versatility out of it instead.
    the sound i am looking for is that close to an upright. the bass is fretless, hollow bodied singlecut neck throu, ironwood nut and finderboard. i want to be able to get a good melow jazzy sound, plus be able to get the edgy modern sound. what all could i put into the controls for the QP set for that range? i do not have much experence in jazz bass, but i hear they are very versatile, little experience in the electronics area too. still thinking about weather to do 1 set or 2, just seeing witch one sound better for me

2. jordan_frerichs

jordan_frerichs

Jan 20, 2008
    Nebraska
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021