Help getting kick/bass mic back

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Gut_Implosion, Oct 12, 2004.

1. A friend of mine came over to my house roughly SIX months ago to borrow my kick drum & bass mic because his band was going to be doing some recordings. I have been instant messaging him MANY MANY MANY times regarding it and asking for it back, and even asked another friend to talk to him about it because he wasnt responding to my IMs, and that jerk has the nerve to say that his band "still needs it". Well I need it TOO, THATS WHY I FRIGGIN BOUGHT IT!!! :mad:

:help: I don't want to have to get mean about it, because I've known him for quite a while, but seriousley, enough's enough. Anyone got any ideas on how I could get back my mic without being an all out ******* (although, I, personally, would consider it being an ass hole when you "borrow" someone's equipment for months on end and ignore them when they say they need it back.)
  2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Just go find him, preferably when he's with the equipment, tell him you need it and to hand it over immediately. He is showing you a rather great amount of disrespect by refusing to return your property.
  3. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Confront him personally. Demand the equipment back. Don't think of what you're gonna say beforehand. Just wing it. "Give it back you SOB!!!!!!"
  4. Words of wisdom from my dear old dad:
    "No one will screw you more than friends or family."
    Your "friend" is screwing you.
    Now go get your property back.
    what are ya waiting for?
  5. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    an unloaded gun is a persuasive tool.
  6. RLT

Jul 10, 2004
    South Central OH
    I never loan any thing expecting to get it back. If it come's back I'm pleasently surprised, if not, Oh well I didn't expect it too.

Guess the best way to say it is. Don't lend it, unless you can afford to lose it.
  7. your comment is most likely tongue-in-cheek, but an unloaded gun is the most dangerous tool to use in any situation. You produce a gun = assault = felony = you go to jail. you produce an unloaded gun, your adversary produces a loaded gun and you could be dead. something else my daddy taught me, you pull a gun you better be prepared to use it (better be loaded) and you better be prepared for the consequences. Leave guns and other weapons at home, just go get your stuff back, and don't loan anything out anymore.
  8. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    yup, demand it back, dont leave till you get it, call the cops if you have to. say goodbye to your friendship. (FYI, it's already gone).
  9. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    If you look at many posts I make on this forum. What I said earlier was not intended to be serious.
  10. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    The only problem with Instant Messaging is that you cannot wrap your hands around their throat, or put your foot up their rear end. Be direct, chase him down and get your stuff back.