HELP - Hipshot Extender installation question

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by David Sutkin, Mar 7, 2018.

1. David Sutkin

David Sutkin Schroeder Cabs and Maruszczyk bass artist Gold Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hey all,

I could use some help installing a Hipshot Extender on the headstock of my Fender bass. The bass already has Hipshot ultralite machines on them.

This is what I ordered from Hipshot:

HE6 - 1/2" Ultraliteā„¢ Bass Xtender

I can't seem to figure out the installation .... Shouldn't there be a mounting plate with this? How do I mount this?!

Ugh, I feel like such a noob ...

here's a pic of what my bass currently has .... and the piece I got to install.

What's confusing me is there is no wide, square plate attached to the detuner.

Can someone shed some light on this please?

Thanks

IMG_2084.JPG IMG_2085.JPG

2. ctmullins

ctmullins Dominated Gold Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2008
    MS Gulf Coast
    I'm highly opinionated and extremely self-assured
    You do not have Hipshot UltraLites installed on your bass. You have Hipshot HB2s installed. Visit this page to learn more: Bass Tuning Machines

You can install your detuner by drilling a single small screw hole for the fixing screw. Or you can exchange it for the HB2 version: BT2 Bass Xtender

Kudos for posting photos though; they make the nature of your problem quite clear! :thumbsup:

3. David Sutkin

David Sutkin Schroeder Cabs and Maruszczyk bass artist Gold Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    Thank you both very much, I really appreciate you taking the time to help me.

Matt Liebenau and ctmullins like this.
  4. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

Contact Hipshot and tell them you bought the wrong model. Theyll likely send you a replacement if you send the wrong one back. They're really great at doung things like that for the customer.

BK bassist likes this.