Help! HOF Mini Reverb pedal not working

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by denverbarnes, Feb 24, 2020.

1. denverbarnes

denverbarnes

Feb 8, 2017
    I recently bought a TC Electronic HOF Mini used and it worked fine for a week. I used it thrice on gigs and once at home. Beaming tones on to the pedal from my android phone worked fine too. However when I plugged it in today it doesn't work when the effect is engaged (no signal at all). It works in bypass mode. I plugged it in to my laptop with the TonePrint app installed - the app seems to recognize that the pedal is connected and beaming is also seemingly possible. But no signal seems to go through from my bass when the effect is engaged! What could be the problem? I'm not very familiar with effects pedals and this really has me upset. Would greatly appreciate some advice..

2. darkwasthenight

darkwasthenight

Oct 17, 2010
    If you're getting signal in bypass mode then the actual hardware is probably fine, but unfortunately there's really not a lot to go wrong inside them to make it easily fixable.

If you've tried resetting the toneprint by beaming other prints and got the flashing green light to say it's registered then it's probably something deeper and you'll have to contact TCE.

denverbarnes likes this.
  3. denverbarnes

denverbarnes

Feb 8, 2017
    Thanks for your response. I have tried beaming other prints (via my phone and via computer). Via phone, I did not get the flashing green light. Via computer, the TonePrint program says "successfully loaded print" but there was no flashing green light on the pedal (not sure if it's supposed to do that when loading a print via pc).

4. darkwasthenight

darkwasthenight

Oct 17, 2010
    Are you getting the flashing light at all when trying to load? Should blink red for a few seconds as the tone sounds, then go green.

denverbarnes likes this.
  5. denverbarnes

denverbarnes

Feb 8, 2017
    No, I'm not getting the flashing light at all. It worked fine up until today :(

6. denverbarnes

denverbarnes

Feb 8, 2017
    Could a faulty power supply be the culprit? I will check with another power supply as soon as I can get my hands on one.

7. Yep if the pedal is underpowered it may behave strangely or not work at all but shouldn't suffer any irreparable harm, kind of hard to predict with digital pedals. If the wrong power supply was used, 18v for example, it will usually destroy the protection diode and require service or board replacement.

8. denverbarnes

denverbarnes

Feb 8, 2017
    Thanks for all the responses. My power supply turned out to be the cause. Replacing it fixed the issue. So relieved!

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 20, 2022