1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help! hotmail related

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by vene-nemesis, Mar 26, 2009.

1. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Is there any way to sort Talkbass emails to get to an specific folder? im being flooded by TB emails (11696, yeah almost 12k, unread messages) and it gets hard to keep trak of all the other emails that arent TB!

2. XtreO

XtreO

Jan 2, 2008
    Norway
    How about turning off email notifications?

3. In Hotmail directly, no.

If you used a software mailclient (outlook, thunderbird, etc) to get your hotmail emails, yes you could. If you used another webmail like GMail, you also could. You could even create yourself a GMail account and poll your hotmail messages in it. then you could filter everything as you wish.

4. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Thats plan B

5. You can do this in Yahoo as well. Gmail of course. I'm surprised you can't do it in Hotmail, but then again, it's always been the worst email provider... no offense :D

I don't like GMail for forum type emails, because it "threads" them all together when I want to see them separately so I can open each new thread in a tab quickly and easily.

Yahoo mail is the only one I've found so far with enough features and the proper design.

6. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    People use hotmail? :confused:

7. Is it possible to use Thunderbird, Outlook etc to access a hotmail account? I didn't think it was.

Still use mine, mainly because I've had it for years and I'm too lazy to switch everything over to my POP3 account.

8. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    I was gonna ask this...

9. XtreO

XtreO

Jan 2, 2008
    Norway
    People use the 2nd most or most used mail provider in the world?

10. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    Do you need to receive those mail notifications?

11. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    I got 10k+ mails in my "TB" folder in hotmail account.

Go:
    >options
    >"Automatically sort e-mail into folders " under Customize Your Mail
    >New filter

Problem solved.;)

12. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Either switch off the email notification option somewhere in your profile.

OR

Switch to gmail.

Or even better, do both.

13. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    gmail.com

you go NOW!

14. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Thx a lot!

For the rest of you who didnt know anything about it, thx for the suggestion to change to Gmail, but plz feel FAILED.

15. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    + this year's deficit

16. rarbass

rarbass

Jul 3, 2008
    Gmail > Hotmail by far.

I saw someone sorting their mail in Hotmail just today, so it can be done, but seeing that I avoid using Hotmail at all costs in favour of Gmail (I have my Gmail sent to Outlook, so I can access it from my desktop, but I use Gmail anywhere outside of home and it's just as good).

Article comparing Gmail, Yahoo, and Hotmail: http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/02/08/a-comparison-of-live-hotmail-gmail-and-yahoo-mail/

17. I've been using Hotmail forever (10 years, at least). I'm far too familiar with it to bother switching now.